Many users grapple with whether to use Notion for quick tasks and simple checklists, or stick to a minimal tool like Todoist. By adding Todoist to Notion, you can use both apps together, in a single place.
This is accomplished with Notion’s Embed block, which can display Todoist’s web app. Within a certain width, your lists will display just as you’d see them on a mobile device. The Neutral theme pairs particularly nicely with Notion.
Initial configuration can be a bit tricky, however. Here’s the method that works most smoothly across devices:
- Where you’d like to display Todoist within any Notion page, insert a new block and choose Embed.
- Paste Todoist’s sign-in URL:
- On every device where you’ll view Todoist within Notion, sign in. Note that sign-in by Google will not work; you’ll need to use a password.
- On any device, change the embedded link to
https://todoist.com. To do so, click the top-right corner of the block and choose
- Resize and rearrange your blocks for the most usable and pleasing aesthetic.
Hitting a road block? Tweet @WilliamNutt.