Two rounds of product updates in July primarily served workspace administrators.
Sign in with Your Apple ID
In addition to your email address and Google account, you can now use your Apple ID to sign in to Notion.
Lock Workspace Pages
On Enterprise plans, administrators can now prevent any changes to the pages shared with the full workspace. The option is available in the
Security & SAML section of
Settings & Members.
Invite Members on Mobile
Team and Enterprise plans now include a
Members item in the mobile sidebar. Members can view other workspace members, and admins can quickly invite new members.
Polished Settings & Members
Notion made aesthetic enhancements to the
Settings & Members section, including more spacing between components and the addition of sophisticated line icons.
Bug Fixes & Improvements
As always, July’s updates also included numerous bug fixes and smaller enhancements:
- Inline equations now support the
\\\\puchemical equation macros from the mhchem extension
/greyas an alternative spelling for the slash command
- Adjusted spacing in some settings menus for better readability
- Members who have been removed from a team workspace will now need to re-verify via password and temporary passcode when added back to the workspace
- Fixed a bug that prevented the
Esckey from dismissing a preview window if nothing was selected
- Fixed a bug that caused inline databases to remain indented in preview modals and on tablets
- Fixed a bug that prevented uploaded icons from appearing in the restyled page @-mentions
- Fixed a bug that caused the
Nameproperty to be hidden on new gallery view databases
- Fixed a bug that caused inline equations to be editable on pages with
- Fixed a bug that prevented hyperlinked text from having a different text color enabled
- Fixed a bug that created a duplicate
Nameproperty when creating a new table view
- Reduced animation speed for hover states in the web and desktop apps to make the app feel more snappy
- Streamlined onboarding for users joining a workspace via invite link
- Fixed a bug that caused frequent logouts for some users
- Fixed a bug that caused page icons to be misaligned in @-mentions
- Fixed a bug that allowed multiple audio blocks to be playing simultaneously
- Fixed a bug that caused notifications to redirect to a white screen on Android
- Fixed a bug that caused code blocks to become truncated in PDF exports
- Fixed a bug that caused date formatting preferences to be ignored when inputting date values
- Fixed a bug that caused the mobile share sheet to no longer work with document scanning apps
- Fixed a bug that caused the mobile share sheet to no longer work with iOS files and photos
- Fixed a bug that caused the mobile share sheet to fail in Safari