As users across the globe practiced social distancing to minimize transmission of COVID-19, Notion launched a collection of features on March 19, 2020, designed to enhance virtual collaboration.
All Updates menu now features four tabs:
The Inbox tab display your mentions, reminders, and followed-page comments, along with new invitations. Mentions include your appearances in
X to archive any item in your Inbox, or choose
Archive all at the bottom.
The Following tab shows all changes to the pages you follow. For any page, you can now easily
Unfollow this page.
Your archived Inbox items appear in Archive.
The All tab includes a combination of Inbox, Follow and Archive.
When you share a page with an individual user, the users’s avatar will appear at the top of the page upon the first visit. As the user navigates the page, you’ll see the avatar move from block to block.
Now, you can click the top avatar to jump to the user’s position within the page body.
Miro is a virtual whiteboarding tool that helps teams ideate, map workflows and visualize journeys. With the new Miro block, you can embed interactive Miro boards within your Notion pages.
Abstract makes Sketch and Adobe XD more collaborative by offering version control and other features for teams. With the new Abstract block, you can embed Abstract projects within your Notion pages.
As usual, this update also included a variety of subtle performance enhancements and bug fixes. Here’s the list — straight from Notion:
- The red notification badge now counts to 99 instead of 9.
- Public Notion pages containing suspicious content are now automatically blacklisted and display a warning.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Android app to crash after a long tap to drag.
- Fixed a bug that prevented keyboard shortcuts using
[number]from working on Chrome.
- Fixed a bug that caused workspace and member information to display incorrectly on iOS 11.0.
- Fixed a bug that caused Twitter embeds to break page width on mobile.
- Fixed a bug that caused icons to be clipped in some menus.
- Fixed a bug that prevented date selection for @date mentions on mobile.