November 19, 2020 — Today’s Notion update included a handful of features that subtly enhance the user experience:
Show Unique Values of a Rollup
Among my favorite new features is the ability to display unique values within a
Rollup property. For example, a database of Industry Conferences might “roll up” the Instructor for each related Seminar. Previously, if a conference included two seminars with the same instructor, the instructor would appear twice. Now, you can opt to display each unique instructor once.
Bolstered Inline Links
Notion continues to enhance the experience of links within
Text blocks. Among the most notable recent updates, you’ll now see the option to “Mention” a Notion page when you paste its URL. This creates a link within the text, whereas the “Link to page” option creates a full-width
Link to page block.
Create a New Page with
Quickly create a new page while browsing the web by typing
notion.new in your address bar. If you’re signed in to Notion, you’ll visit your workspace with a fresh page ready to be populated. At the top of that page, you can choose where to save the new page, with the
Private section of your sidebar as the default.
Technical Updates & Bug Fixes
As with all Notion updates, today’s also included a variety of technical enhancements and bug fixes:
- Automate user and group provisioning with Notion’s SCIM API.
- Add captions to code blocks.
- Ctrl/⌘ + K will now open the Quick Find window when no text is selected! Ctrl/⌘ + P still works too.
- Fixed a bug that caused scrollbars in the Windows App to be very ugly
- Number properties in databases can now be formatted as Brazilian Real, Turkish Lira, and Indonesian Rupiah
- Added a
Duplicatebutton to the
•••menu for pages within databases — it’s now possible to duplicate these on mobile!
- Notion pages now include the page icon in Safari browser tabs
- Fixed a bug that caused interface elements to overlap each other on Android devices when databases had long titles
- Fixed a bug that caused the Settings & Members menu to display in Korean for some users, even if English was the selected language
- Fixed a bug that caused inline hyperlinks to be uneditable with the keyboard shortcut
- Fixed a bug that prevented members from re-ordering favorited pages in the sidebar if the
Prevent members from changing the workspace sectionsetting was enabled
- Fixed a bug that caused the app to lag after using the new
- Fixed a bug that prevented the start and end of Timeline cards from being draggable when
Page lockwas enabled