Under-the-hood performance remains the focus of Notion’s product updates, and the release on February 14, 2020, improved mobile loading speed by up to 50%, with overall page navigation increasing 20–40%.
Many users are eager to see tangible new features, particularly the highly anticipated API, but as Notion’s Akshay Kothari says, performance is a feature:
The update also included a modification to the Toggle List block. When a Toggle contains no inner content, its triangle is now a faded gray.
Additionally, Notion released a block for embedding flow charts, mind maps and other visuals made with Whimsical.
For new users, the signup experience improved as well. Notion now tailors the onboarding sequence to suit the way each user will use the platform.
And as usual, the update included a variety of bug resolutions.
- Fixed a bug that prevented database filtering on some rollup properties.
- Fixed a bug that prevented public Notion pages from scrolling on iPadOS Safari.
- Fixed a bug that made it impossible to begin H1, H2 and H3 headers with a number.
- Fixed a bug that made Daylight Saving Time cause missing or duplicate dates in some countries.
- Fixed a bug that changed Board card properties when they were dragged while an OR filter was enabled.
- Fixed a bug impacting Arabic dates in Firefox.
- Fixed a bug where Calculate buttons didn’t work for Formula columns with toNumber().
- Fixed a bug that let guests search for pages in a workspace with Public Access enabled.
- Fixed a bug that caused dates with 2020 to read as 0020.
- Fixed a bug that prevented calendars from showing months after October 2020.
- Fixed a bug that prevented @mention links from appearing in public link previews.